23 March 2014

2 months in braces


I thought i'd write my thoughts on my progress since I realised earlier today that i've been wearing my braces for two months. It's actually gone quick, and it feels that wearing them isn't such a focus for me anymore and that i'm just getting on with my normal working life and that wearing them is just part of me now. I took some photos which although don't appear to show a massive difference compared to where I started, it certainly feels like there has been movement. A couple of things i've noticed from the photos:

1. Just how much the bracket glue is tea stained! I did mention in a previous post how I noticed early on how quickly they seem to discolour. When I searched online about braces and staining a lot of people seem to talk about the ligatures discolouring, but in my case it's definitely the areas around the braces that are brown in colour. I am certainly brushing my teeth, and I guess as long as it's not the teeth staining i'm not overly worried. I have my first dental check up since having my braces on in a few weeks, so I might mention it then and see if the staining is a problem or if it can be removed. To be fair I think those photos showed it up even more because of the flash! I don't notice that much when I look in the mirror.



2. The gap in between the front upper/lower teeth is getting bigger, only a small amount, but certainly bigger than before. I know the gap will only get bigger too. You can see from the side-on shot how my upper and lower teeth are nowhere near where they should be - notice how my upper premolar hits a lower molar, which i'm sure wouldn't be the case in a normal bite!


3. In the last photo you can see how far forward my lower jaw is. I have been told i'll be having both my upper and lower jaws moved, but I don't know the distances. I've recently been watching some videos of double jaw surgery patients on youtube and it's amazing how good their final results are, and how balanced their facial profile has become. I'm hoping that having such an 'extreme' discrepancy in my facial balance will result in me having a big difference by the end of the treatment process.


1 comment:

  1. That's great news. Congratulations for the progress :)
    #howtofixteethgap #Orthofill

    ReplyDelete